Pages

27 April 2010

Our First Stall

We went to our first craft show on Saturday.  Our first craft show that we had a stall at.  Lots of cards out on display and not enough space for all of them.  (Our next stalls will be on a larger table).  The brand new table cover is a gorgeous white and beige check. Lil Dude is standing on a wicker basket (maybe he should be renamed "Wicker Dude") and holding a card.  Two wire stands hold even more cards, which I would like to paint pink.  Lots of cards got looked at, picked up, opened etc.  But only one sold.  Which is better than none.  (The teal and brown MUM card.  Middle back in a stand.)

I got lots of ideas for things to make for the next market we go to. 

Any suggestions or ideas on how to do a craft stall better? 
Better layout of cards?
Anything really....

I'd love the next one we go be more fun and profitable than this one.  But it was a good learning experience.

7 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

I think your stall looks good for the first time. The height thing is good and it looks 'scattered' enough for people not to be afraid to pick up cards and look. However, the table is tiny!!! You really need a bigger table, and therefore more space to put out a variety of items. One sale is better than none :)

Eclectic Design Choices said...

I do like the height that you added to your display. I would suggest looking for something to use as a display rack in part of the space as well, in order to be able to display more cards in a smaller space. I have a recipe card box that I use for my note cards. People can flip through them and my multiples don't take up a lot of space that way. My cards are blank and I place them in plastic sleeves. Nice work!

Punky N Munky said...

I have never done a show, so my advice can be overlooked :). My thoughts were to have a kind of container that they can stand up in and be able to be flipped through, kind of like at the store when you buy cards. but maybe that will only work right if you have multiples of the same design probably. Sorry, mostly thinking out loud. But yay for you to do your first show!!! congrats on your sale!

Unknown said...

Your set up is better than I would done on my first time but I think you should work on your shop name display. Tape looks discouraging and a little tacky. Next time try safety pins. It will give it an artsy look and it will be less abbrassive to on lookers.

Hair Bows Wonderworld said...

I've never done a show so I have absolutely no idea about it and I guess you've already got wise advice. Congrats on your sale and good luck to the next one!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Love it!

I have seen cards put in funky shoe boxes and separated with dividers based on the type of card. This way you can have more cards and still an eye catching display.

I also like the look of a clothesline going from one end to the next with the cards clothes pinned on.

purplestamper316 said...

Looks good! I've done shows before and it's tough- keep in mind that most of the people who attend shows are crafters, so they think *I could do that myself* - just come for ideas- but of course never go home and actually *do it themselves* :) I like Michelle's clothesline idea too- you could really run with the pinkness here. Check ebay or thrift stores for old wire/metal book display racks- you could paint them pink too! Some spin- allowing you to display hundreds of cards in very little space. What if you modified a Rolodex to hold cards- people love spinning those things and would be drawn to it! Anything you can do to make a small space *taller* is good. Keep up the good work! and be encouraged ><>