Pages

8 October 2009

On Saturday, we went to a craft fair at Porirua and got a chance to make these elements. The one on the left was made by my Mom, and the other two are mine. I love when they are next to each other and you can see the differences. Mom's are all neat and tidy, while mine are a little messy.
We used chipboard pieces in three different ways on these. The blue heart is just covered in paper, with sanded edges. The pink heart 'frame' is inked, sprayed with (I think) Tattered Angels glimmer mist, then put through a Cuttlebug Embossing folder. The last piece, the pointy bit was covered in embossing powder, and heat embossed.

My Mom sewed this flower. I have seen a tutorial on how to do this, so I will try to find it and link to it. If you do a running stitch one side of a piece of ribbon, then pull it together to make a flower. A circle punched piece of paper finishes the flower.
And this is mine. Two bits of lace which act as a crown. The paper is from an old book. It was a copy of The Scarlet Pimpernel.



This was the second one I made. The heart didn't look right with the first thing I made, so I decided to make another with this heart.
I tried to age this scrapbook element. The edges have been inked, as have the ribbon/canvas fabric. I ripped the back paper and scrunched it up and swiped it with ink.
This one, I have already used on a layout. I will take a photograph of it later and hopefully I'll remember to post it.

No comments: